David has been involved with a number of projects for video and television. These include:
- Giraffe Neck News: conceptualised and co-wrote topical comedy news special with Tumi Morake. Produced by Fiendish Productions and Indlulamithi Scenarios. 2020.
- Corporate Scripts: written many AV scripts for corporate clients, including Coca Cola, Sasol, Eskom, Nedbank, Liberty, Momentum, Tiso Foundation, ABSA, BASF, Airports Company of South Africa (ACSA), Discovery, Netcare, Edcon, Barloworld etc. Produced by Creative Space Media, Maverick Warehouse, Showgroup, Bluemoon Communications, et al.
- Multichoice On-Air Inserts: directed a series of documentary-style featurettes for Multichoice/DSTv. Produced by Studio Zoo. 2015-2016
- All About Reeva: Associate Producer on 48-minute documentary about Reeva Steenkamp, screened on DSTv’s Oscar Pistorius pop-up channel. Produced by Modern Times. 2014.
- SABC2 On-Air Inserts: wrote and directed a series of featurettes for SABC2 Marketing Department. 2014.
- Carte Blanche Heritage Day Special: Associate Producer and consultant for hour-long feature on the Anglo-Boer War. Produced by Combined Artists Productions (CAP). TX: 25 September 2011.
- Aqua Enviro Youth Summit (2009/2010): wrote script for live awards show, supervised editing and packaging of various AV elements for the gala event, directed inserts and live video shoot of performances, produced a take-home DVD for all participants. Produced with Picturedom on behalf of the Department of Water Affairs.
- Lentswe Poetry Project: creative director, responsible for mentoring film students competing in the Lentswe Poetry Competition, winning inserts screened on SABC2. Produced by Modern Times 2009.
- Body Kids: wrote and directed 13 x 30 minute TV series. A musical sit-com for pre-teen kids, shot in multi-cam studio – independently produced in 2003/4, currently screening as excertps on Top TV.
- Educational / Training Videos (Mindset Network): worked on contract as director and head writer for the Health Channel of Mindset Network. Wrote and directed approx 20 x 15min training videos for nurses and health workers on various aspects of HIV & AIDS, TB, healthy living etc. Videos included studio interviews, location shoots, scripted dialogue scenes and documentary inserts. Directed several OB shoots with Nelson Mandela on behalf of the Nelson Mandela Foundation. Directed 4 x 5min interstitial features on Entrepreneurship, shot on location in Cape Town, in collaboration with the UCT Business School. 2004 – 2005.
- Mirror Image: directed 6 x 5 minute lifestyle/documentary inserts for Hallmark Channel, featuring ordinary South Africans with extraordinary hobbies. Produced by Modern Times, 2008.
- Window of Opportunity: wrote and directed 2 x 30 minute talk shows for Services SETA (2007)
- Corporate Videos: wrote, produced and directed corporate videos for Ernst and Young (2007) and Blue Label Telecoms (2008)
- Inserts and EPK’s: produced and edited promotional material, e.g. ‘Behind-the-scenes’ featurettes for Beat the Drum (2002)
- Promos: directed 30 second promo shoot for Nelson Mandela’s 90th birthday for SABC2. Produced by Modern Times, 2008. Wrote and produced animated sponsorship-promos for Ktv and Oracle Air Time Sales (M-net), including campaigns for the following clients: Ster Kinekor, Lego, C N A, Steers, Nestle Ice Cream, Lucozade, Oxycute, Kelloggs, Virgin Colours, Eno etc. (1999-2005). Wrote, directed and edited promotional inserts for Ktv. (1999-2001). Wrote, supervised and produced hundreds of promos for Clearwater Partnership (1996-1999) and Caplan Wilkie (1995).
Going forward, David is developing fun and exciting content that will stimulate viewers. These projects include sit-coms, game shows, talk shows and travel documentaries – all of which he’s going to start working on, tomorrow…